Last May, a motorist plowed their car into a greeting card shop in downtown Virginia, Minnesota, producing this sarcastic offering from yours truly. (example: “I spent hours trying to pick the best car but ended up just sending this one.”)
Well, it’s starting even earlier this year, as this morning a motorist ran into the front window of a furniture store in this same Iron Range city. No one was hurt. Personally, I blame global warming.
Now, furniture jokes are a tougher medium because you don’t have the car/card pun to work with. But here goes:
- ”Why, yes, we do have a couch.” “No, no. I said ‘Ouch.’ I just ran through your window with my car.”
- Zero interest until …. OH MY GOD A CAR!
- On Range, furniture delivers YOU.
- But did the wine spill on the mattress?
- And those air bags are memory foam!
- This is why grandma puts plastic on the sofa.
- I said “put the leaf in the table,” not “put the LeSabre in the table”
- The driver’s sleep number was “Yes.”
- Would you like an auto, man, with your ottoman?
- It could have been worse. There must have been divan intervention.
Photo: Erik Daniel Drost, Creative Commons